[ixpmanager] Upgrade to v5.8.0 MAIL_DRIVER vs. MAIL_MAILER in .env

aleksandr at speed-ix.net aleksandr at speed-ix.net
Wed Jun 30 10:38:23 IST 2021

Hi guys,

First of all, thank you for such a great product as the IXP manager.

Today, I've run upgrading of our instance to version 5.8.0, and I faced confusion. I was following the upgrade instructions as mentioned on Github (https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/releases/tag/v5.8.0). The last step is replacing MAIL_DRIVER with MAIL_MAILER in .env file and I've done this step.
Then I've checked the first new feature in this release: "New tool for testing email"
and I've got this error:
```
# php artisan utils:smtp-mail-test aleksandr at speed-ix.net
This utility allows you to test your SMTP settings to verify that IXP Manager can send email.
The mail driver ('MAIL_DRIVER' in your .env file) is not set to "smtp".
SMTP is the only officially supported driver in IXP Manager.
```
So I've returned back MAIL_DRIVER into the .env file and it works as expected.

Seems this last step should be removed from instructions. Or did I do something wrong?

With kind regards, Aleksandr Belytskyi

NOC engineer
Speed Internet Exchange
Phone: +31(0)887378399