[ixpmanager] empty mac address table

Barry O'Donovan (INEX) barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Mon Jul 26 11:13:01 IST 2021

Hi Vladimir,

there's two mac address tables: discovered and configured.

Docs: https://docs.ixpmanager.org/features/layer2-addresses/

It's critical that you set the 'macdbtype' in the config to match:

https://docs.ixpmanager.org/features/sflow-p2p/#ixpmanagerconf

Looks like in your case, you'll want:

|macdbtype = discovered - Barry |

vladimir franciz blando wrote on 26/07/2021 09:59:
> Hi,
>
> I have a newly built IXP Manager release-v5 server, with 2 bird2
> route-servers and 1 as112 server configured and running on Ubuntu 20.04.
>
> I was trying to make sflow running but it's giving me an error every
> time I start it, saying
>
> ---
> sflow-to-rrd-handler[2427202]: Not a HASH reference at
> /srv/ixpmanager/tools/runtime/sflow/sflow-to-rrd-handler line 385.
> ---
>
> I did some troubleshooting and looks like I found the culprit (not
> 100%), the mac table of IXP Manager is empty,  I ran the script
> update-l2database.pl <http://update-l2database.pl> based the
> documentation, i got a query successful message but when checking the
> mac address table, it's empty.  Not sure why is it so, can you give me
> some pointers on where to look next?
>

> Regards,
>
> Vladimir Blando

INEX