[ixpmanager] [RELEASE] V6.0.0 - IXP Manager v6.0.0

Barry O'Donovan (INEX) barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Wed Jul 14 09:19:37 IST 2021

We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of IXP Manager
v6.0.0. Thanks to many of you for your patience to date - we know this
release was some time in the making.

One of the biggest changes in v6 relates to a significant framework
change - Doctrine ORM has been completely removed and replaced with
Laravel's Eloquent. This work is thanks to Yann Robin who has done all
the heavy-lifting on rewriting all database-related code within the
project over the past few months. Using Eloquent, which is a key
component of Laravel and integrates fully with the framework, should
allow us to develop new features with greater ease and speed.

This release also introduces two new major features: core bundle
management (inter-switch links) and database change logging.

Full details are available at:
https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/releases/tag/v6.0.0

Prerequisite: PHP v8 is required for IXP Manager v6.0.0. To help with
this - and upgrading in general - we have also released a video tutorial
of the IXP Manager v5.8.0 to v6.0.0 upgrade process which includes
upgrading to PHP 8 on an existing system (e.g. Ubuntu 18.04 in the
video) and a second option of upgrading to Ubuntu 20.04 and then to PHP
8.0 - https://youtu.be/KcWUMYCQosA

All relevant collateral on the IXP Manager website and documentation has
been updated for v6. This includes installation and upgrade video tutorials.

Please feel free to followup here with any issues or questions when
upgrading or to the GitHub Discussions topic for this release:

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/discussions/718

We're trialing GitHub discussions as a potentially more searchable and
link-able tool than the mailing list. But please, use either and we'll
respond as appropriate.

Thanks,

INEX