[ixpmanager] Add position in rack for switches

aleksandr at speed-ix.net aleksandr at speed-ix.net
Thu Jul 1 09:17:48 IST 2021

Sure, IXP manager is not a DCIM but it is just two extra fields in the database that could help a lot.
We also start using a Netbox for our own datacenters.  But it's better to have control over all IXP from one point instead of using tons of applications I think. Besides, not all our locations have patch panels and we connect members directly to switches, so such functionality could help to generate LoA. As a working around, we can create virtual patch panels with prewired ports and the same positions as a switch has.

Thanks to all for the answers and have a nice day.

With kind regards, Aleksandr Belytskyi

NOC engineer
Speed Internet Exchange
Phone: +31(0)887378399