[ixpmanager] Discrepancies between sflow hosts

Ian Chilton ian at lonap.net
Fri Feb 26 09:50:57 GMT 2021

Hi,

Sorry, slow reply!

Doh - that’s my mistake. I actually looked in to that and worked out
which was which, out of interest.

Then a few days later, when I came to debug that, I just saw the update
script was update-l2database and convinced myself that l2address was
discovered and macaddress was configured.

That script should really be update-macaddress [or something].. :)

On a technical point, should sflow-to-rrd-handler really differentiate
between macs on different vlans? - if a MAC it’s looking for is in the
table, surely it should just use it?
i.e if this was an SQL, you’d not have vlan_id in the WHERE clause.

Thanks,

Ian