[ixpmanager] Discrepancies between sflow hosts

Ian Chilton ian at lonap.net
Sat Feb 20 00:10:07 GMT 2021

Hi Nick,

Thank you for this - that is most useful.

I just took a quick look at the debug output and it’s full of
“rejected” and “dropped update” lines - so that explains the
incorrect data in the graphs!

I assume there should really be none of those, so I guess I need to dig
around in the sflow-to-rrd-handler code and both start to understand the
understand the sflow data format and get it to output more debugging
about why it’s dropping/rejecting.

[if anyone has links to any good resources on sflow which might help
with that, they would be appreciated].

Pleased that I can now see an actual symptom without flicking between
graphs and trying to observe differences - that really helps and gives
me a starting point to look in to it.

Thanks,

Ian