[ixpmanager] Permission denied from sflow-to-rrd-handler / rrdcached

Moritz Frenzel denog at hackathon.de
Thu Feb 18 11:50:48 GMT 2021

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 12:48 PM Ian Chilton <ian at lonap.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’m replacing our aged sflow host with a new one and am having an odd
> problem.
>
> Debian 10 box.
>
> Both rrdcached and sflow-to-rrd-handler are running as root (which I
> would
> like to change going forward, but first things first!).
>
> rrdcached is is running from the stock scripts in Debian, other than I
> Tweaked /etc/default/rrdcached and set:
> BASE_OPTIONS="-B -P FLUSH,UPDATE -m 0666"

       -B  Only permit writes into the base directory specified in -b (and
any sub-directories).  This does NOT
           detect symbolic links.  Paths containing "../" will also be
blocked.

this is the culprit as now directory is defined.

just remove -B from /etc/default/rrdached and you should be good to go (at
least this worked for me last week).

cheers

Moritz