[ixpmanager] Test instance of IXP Manager

Ian Chilton ian at lonap.net
Mon Feb 15 23:02:38 GMT 2021

Hi,

I am tinkering with a test deployment of IXP Manager.

- Am using a dump (copy) of our production database.

- Outgoing emails are caught by “MailHog” rather than delivered.

- PeeringDB & RIR stuff is disabled in .env

- It has no interface on our management vlan so has no access to the
switches [via SNMP].

- The cron jobs are disabled.

- Graphing/sflow is disabled at the moment, though I plan to implement
this.

- The instance is firewalled and only accessible by us.

Can anyone think of anything I’ve missed which would be destructive or
harmful to members or anything in production?

Anyone else run a dev/test copy of IXP Manager, or just your copy in
production? - if so, what do you use for data?

Thanks,

Ian