[ixpmanager] MRTG collector is on a different server

Ian Chilton ian at lonap.net
Mon Feb 15 12:03:20 GMT 2021

Hi,

While this thread is here (timely as I’m working on the same thing)…

I assume the grapher:upload-stats-to-db and
grapher:upload-pi-stats-to-db jobs (as well as the email ones) should
run on the main ixpmanager host? - and it will use
GRAPHER_BACKEND_MRTG_LOGDIR to pull that data, be it set to a local dir
or a remote http(s) endpoint?

With regards to the graphs when mrtg is on a different host - does it
directly reference the MRTG host in image src tags directly, or does it
do some caching and still serve up graphs from the ixpmanager host?

Obviously the answer will be obvious once implemented, but whether the
mrtg needs to be publicly accessible influences which vlan it goes on
etc.

Thanks,

Ian