[ixpmanager] Slower route server config generation on v6??

Ian Chilton ian at lonap.net
Mon Aug 16 12:30:16 IST 2021

Hi,

We’re just about to go live with a new deployment of IXP Manager v6
and when we came to test the route server config generation, we found it
consistently takes around double the time.

Generating the v4 config is ~1 min on the old instance and ~2 min on the
new.

Generating the v6 config is ~30 sec on the old and ~1 min on the new.

The old instance is an old VM running Ubuntu 18.04, Apache, PHP 7.3, IXP
Manager 5.8.0.

The new instance is a newly deployed VM, Ubuntu 20.04, Nginx, PHP 8
(FPM), IXP Manager 6.0.0 (release-v6 branch).

Both are the same spec VMs (2 core, 4GB RAM), same MySQL server, same VM
cluster. The new instance is a dump of the production database with the
migrations run.

The rest of IXP Manager seems fine performance wise.

Anyone else done any measurements or noticed an increase in generation
time since upgrading?

Thanks,

Ian