[ixpmanager] Issue in MAC address discovery with the script for Arista Switch

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Thu Apr 8 14:03:03 IST 2021

Hi Ahmed,

mac address expiry is unrelated to the switch type.

Are you sure the mac address is consistently present on that switch when
the device is polled?

update-l2database.pl starts out by deleting all MAC addresses on the
specified vlan, and then repopulating it from what it learns from the
switch.  So if the mac address is temporarily not visible on the switch,
then it won't re-learn it.

Nick