[ixpmanager] BIRD2 configuration question

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Tue Apr 6 14:36:18 IST 2021

Hi Tom,

depending on the version we need, we either use apt installed versions
or compiled versions - little note on compiling here:

https://docs.ixpmanager.org/features/rpki/#enabling-rpki

Regardless, what I do is I disable the init.d scripts (e.g. systemctl
disable bird).

I then use two scripts. The first takes a router handle as defined in
IXP Manager and starts and/or updates a Bird daemon:

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/blob/master/tools/runtime/route-servers/api-reconfigure-example-birdv2.sh

The second is run by cron (e.g. every couple hours) to update from IXP
Manager /and/ it also kicks off from rc.local when the operating system
boots up:

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/blob/master/tools/runtime/route-servers/api-reconfigure-all.sh

Does that help?

  - Barry