[ixpmanager] IRRDB filtering with LACNIC's IRR

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Wed Oct 28 18:34:27 GMT 2020

Just to close the loop on this (and digging into the deep recesses of my
foggy memory):

When we switched from irrtoolset (which was ran via a script outside IXP
Manager's main code base) to bgpq3, there were some compatibility issues
with some whois databases (I think RIPE in particular - disclaimer as a
above, this was a long time ago). In any case, while the code allows the
host to be set, at the time it didn't work somewhere along the chain so
we just defaulted to the bgpq3 defaults.

I.e. the host as set in IXP Manager UI is definitely not used.

I've opened an issue for this:

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/issues/678

In the meantime, a workaround like Luiz suggests will be required.

  - Barry

Nick Hilliard (INEX) wrote on 28/10/2020 18:16:
> Ryan Woolley wrote on 28/10/2020 18:09:
>> I can confirm that the hostname is set in IRRDB Sources and also shows
>> up in the corresponding SQL table.  However, $this->whois is not set
>> when Bgpq3.php runs, so it's presumably something upstream failing to
>> set ->whois to the hostname from the table.  I'm not sure where to
>> look for that, but I think Barry is correct that the net effect is
>> that hostname is ignored.
>
> this is a bug then.  Can you open up an issue on
> github.com/inex/ixp-manager/issues?
>
> Nick

INEX Operations