[ixpmanager] [RELEASE] V5.6.0 - Security Fix, Per-Member Document Store and Bug Fixes

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Sat May 23 11:23:38 IST 2020

We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of IXP Manager
v5.6.0.

This release primarily adds a new Per-Member Document Store feature to
IXP Manager **and fixes a security issue**. It also has a small number
of bug fixes and improvements. All IX's running < v5.6.0 are advised to
upgrade.

**Security Fix**

This release includes a fix for a security bug introduced in v4.9.0.

The bug allows a logged in non-administrator user to affect changes to a
non-service affecting database table.

To allow people a chance to upgrade, we will delay publishing more
information on the security issue until Friday, May 29th 2020. If any
IXP cannot upgrade in that time frame, please email any of myself, Nick
or Yann from an official IXP email address and we will provide a quick fix.

Credit to David Croft (@davidc), an elected member director of LONAP,
for finding and responsibly disclosing this issue.

Full details at:

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/releases/tag/v5.6.0

INEX