[ixpmanager] Spikes on MRTG graphs

remy.guenter at swissix.ch remy.guenter at swissix.ch
Sat Mar 28 12:53:34 GMT 2020

We face the same problem on the historical data for month and year:

https://ixpmanager.swissix.ch/statistics/ixp

To fix this we can not just simply change some text in a log file. For us
this would mean - in my view - to dump the rrd datafiles (our installation
does not write to log files), correct the values and then restore to rrd-db.

That would require a script to find the "wrong" entries in the dumped XML,
correct them (average of entry before/after) and write back the XML to be
reloaded.

Is there a simpler procedure?

Rémy