[ixpmanager] Spikes on MRTG graphs

Martin J. Levy mahtin at mahtin.com
Sat Mar 28 01:29:25 GMT 2020

This is (at least with the second graph) a known issue with MRTG systems. If I recall correctly you should be able to edit the raw data file (in-between 300 second polling intervals) and replace the value from its obviously too-high number back down to a reasonable number (I.e. something averaging tge before/after numbers). His type of MRTG hack has to be documented somewhere - but I don’t know where.

There’s also some max limits that can be set in your config file so that you don’t see this bad a spike in the future.

Remember - MRTG data file are fixed length, so don’t just delete a line. Oh - and back your file first. Plus - test editing first by using a spare port and it’s data file.

Martin