[ixpmanager] Problem testing script installation

Nick Hilliard (INEX) nick at inex.ie
Thu Mar 5 17:14:29 GMT 2020

Fabiano D'Agostino wrote on 05/03/2020 14:10:
> I am able to complete the installation, but when I try to test IXP
> Manager I get this problem:
> Stderr: VBoxManage: error: vt-x is not available (verr_vmx_no_vmx)
> VBoxManage: error: Details: code NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0X80004005),
> component ConsoleWrap, interface IConsole.

Hi Fabiano,

this is a VirtualBox error, so unrelated to IXP Manager.  VT-X is a
processor capability required for VirtualBox to run properly.  It's
possible that the system you're trying to run this on doesn't have the
hardware capability to run VirtualBox.

If you install Ubuntu directly on the machine, IXP Manager will work
fine, and you'll end up with something better than W10 Home too  :->