[ixpmanager] New Look Website for IXP Manager

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Wed Jun 24 20:01:23 IST 2020

Dear IXP Manager users, friends,

  * 92IXPs around the world are Powering Peering with IXP Manager
  * 110 community individualshave contributed to theIXP Manager project
    through GitHub
  * 104 software releases over ten years
  * Newwebsite located at https://www.ixpmanager.org/

There are nearly one hundred internet exchange points(IXPs)around the
world who are Powering Peering using IXP Manager. In recognition of this
upcoming milestone,we have just launched our new website which provides
a better insight to the world’s favourite IXP platform.

IXP Managerwas released as free and open source software in 2011 by INEX
<https://www.inex.ie/>, the internet peering point for the island of
Ireland, for the good of the internetand INEX continues to oversee the
project. Together with the financial support of industry patrons;
sponsorship from IXPs using the platform; and community support, IXP
Managerhas facilitated the opening and continued development of IXPs
right around the globe.

Ongoing development of IXP Manageris focused on delivering the
functionality to meet the evolving requirements of IXPs who use the
platform so they, in turn, can meet their members' peering needs. We
would like to thank our existing patrons for helping us to continue
Powering Peering: the Internet Society(ISOC);Facebook;  APNIC and the
Canadian Internet Registration Authority(CIRA).

The continued success of the IXP Managerproject is best realised when
those IXPs who use it, and benefit the most from it, support the
project. Our current IXP sponsors are INX(SouthAfrica),
STHIX(Stockholm,Sweden), GR-IX(Greece),NaMeX(Rome,Italy) and
InterLAN(Romania).We would welcome further sponsorship
<https://www.ixpmanager.org/sponsor-now> from other IXPs using the
platform.

As an open source project, IXP Managerpromotes an /"//out in the
open"/support model through public mailing lists and GitHub Issues. The
new site has an improved support area which provides a consolidated
summary of the available resources including the mailing lists, official
documentation, and presentations by the core team. Wehave reinforced
this support for those implementing IXP Manager at their exchanges by
creating a video training syllabus which is now available via our
website and is being added to regularly.

You can find the full list
<https://www.ixpmanager.org/community/user-list> of the nearly one
hundred IXPs using IXP Manager worldwide and a world map
<https://www.ixpmanager.org/community/world-map> showing the global
reach of the platform on the new site. We would welcome any other IXPs
using the platform to let us know through the new submission form
<https://www.ixpmanager.org/community/users/submit>.

With this new website, we want to recognise the wider community who
contribute to the project with code, documentation and opening and
working on feature and support requests. In all, 110 individuals, thus
far,have worked with the project through GitHub and we welcome all those
that have made at least five contributions to our new team page
<https://www.ixpmanager.org/about/team>.

This new website reflects the professionalism and maturity of the
platform itself and the essential internet servicesit helps enableand we
would encourage any user of IXP manager that is not listed or any IXP
who would like to sponsor the project to get in touch
<https://www.ixpmanager.org/about/contact>.

On behalf of all the team behind IXP Manager,

INEX