[ixpmanager] Missing Statistics sections

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Sat Jun 20 16:49:00 IST 2020

Hi Salvador,

Salvador Bertenbreiter wrote on 20/06/2020 16:15:
> I was checking other IXP's publicly available IXP Manager interface
> and I noticed that some also have additional options under the
> Statistics menu (in the upper part), the statistics that are missing
> from mine are: *VLAN / Per-Protocol Graphs* and *Inter-Switch / PoP
> Graphs*
>
> Here is a screenshot comparing both https://ibb.co/XxSq2km
>
> Does anyone know how to add those graphs as well into the Statistics
>  menu (top section)?

For the "Inter-Switch / Trunk Graphs", we briefly mention these in the
docs: https://docs.ixpmanager.org/grapher/mrtg/#backend-mrtg

> IXP Manager does not currently support a frontend means of creating
> these definitions (but, as of mid 2018, it is being worked on). For
> now, we do it manually via the IXP Manager v3 way.
>
> These graphs will be available in the Statistics menu under
> Inter-Switch / PoP Graphs. You can see examples from INEX here.

So, since 2018 we have actually worked on it and finished it but we need
to document, code review and then release. In the mean time the old way
still works but it's manual.

You need a skinned config file like:

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/blob/v5.0.0/resources/skins/inex/services/grapher/mrtg/trunks.foil.php

and then a 'config/grapher_trunks.php' file based on this:

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/blob/v5.0.0/config/grapher_trunks.php.dist

This config file generates the menu and links it to the appropriate
graph in the config file.

And be sure to set GRAPHER_BACKEND_MRTG_SNMPPASSWD="xxx" in the .env file.

Yeah, sorry, this is awkward. But we should have a better way in the
next few weeks.

For "VLAN / Per-Protocol Graphs", you need to configure and enable sflow
p2p graphs:

https://docs.ixpmanager.org/grapher/sflow/

Hope this helps,
  - barry