[ixpmanager] [RELEASE] V5.3.0 - 2FA, User Session Management, IX-F Export Improvements and More!

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Thu Feb 6 13:10:37 GMT 2020

We are pleased to announce the immediate release of IXP Manager v5.3.0.

This release adds a bunch of new features and tidies up a number of bugs
/ regressions in the v5 release train. All IX's running < v5.3.0 are
advised to upgrade.

Full details including a list of new features:

https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/releases/tag/v5.3.0

The biggest new features in v5.3.0 is 2FA and user session management:

> Two factor authentication (2fa) strengthens access security by
> requiring two methods (also referred to as factors) to verify your
> identity. Two factor authentication protects against phishing, social
> engineering and password brute force attacks and secures your logins
> from attackers exploiting weak or stolen credentials.
>
> IXP Manager now supports a Google Authenticator compatible 2fa
> system.
>
> In addition to this, we have implemented user session management
> which allows a user to be logged in and remembered from multiple
> browsers / devices and to manage those sessions from within IXP
> Manager.
>
> See details here: https://docs.ixpmanager.org/usage/authentication/

Thanks,
   - Barry, Nick and Yann