[ixpmanager] Special attributes for bird configuration when managed by IXP Manager

Salvador Bertenbreiter salvador at pitperu.net
Fri Aug 21 14:22:58 IST 2020

Hi guys,
I hope you all are doing great and staying safe. I have a problem with
special bird route server configuration while being managed by the IXP
Manager. One of our peers is having issues because they can't remove the
bgp enforce-first-as and we are seeing an error in bird saying malformed
AS_path, unfortunately they told me that they can't remove that, I read
that if I manually add the route server's ASN to the as_path for that peer
in the bird configuration it fixes the issue, the problem is that after a
sync between the IXP Manager and the bird it will delete the manual bird
change to add the ASN to the as_path. Any suggestions how to add this into
IXP Manager configuration for that peer?

Thanks,

Salvador