[ixpmanager] Birdseye Looking Glass error version.

Ikusan Charles Abimbola c.ikusan at ixp.net.ng
Fri Apr 24 22:00:32 IST 2020

Hello Barry,

I made some adjustments as suggested, kindly see the output below.

Observation
1..	The script provided with the IXP Manager will name the socket using
the router handle used in IXP Manager, that is,
/var/run/bird/rs1-ipv4.ctl.
https://docs.ixpmanager.org/features/routers/#managing-routers

2.	The fact that bird.ctl exist indicates that the default Bird instance
still runs. We need to uninstall the default bird running. You need to
ensure the removal of default bird 9 e.g /etc/bird/bird(6).conf
systemctl stop bird.service
systemctl stop bird6.service
systemctl disable bird.service
systemctl disable bird6.service

3.	So, you have configured Birdseye to look for
/var/run/bird/rs1-lan1-ipv4.cvitl but that doesn't exist because your
Bird
is not running. Also ensure this matches the handle as explained above.

N.B:

I have an existing birdv1 and birdseye running without the use of Domain
names and it works currently.

Regards,

Charles.