[ixpmanager] Route Server Installation

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Thu Apr 2 15:40:53 IST 2020

Hi Sam,

Sam Malyon wrote on 02/04/2020 15:12:
> I just re read and realised it's a SH file.  So, I'm assuming we
> would need to create a cron task every say 30min to keep it updating
> or does it somehow take care of itself

Yes, exactly - a cron job. But we tend to only do it ~2-4 times a day -
and offset v4/v6:

17 09,13,17,21     * * *   root
/usr/local/sbin/inex-reconfigure-rs1.sh -h rs1-lan1-ipv4 -q
17 10,14,18,22     * * *   root
/usr/local/sbin/inex-reconfigure-rs1.sh -h rs1-lan1-ipv6 -q

There's no issue running it more frequently - our cron scheduling
predates the latest script and the latest script will only actually have
Bird reconfigure itself if the conf changed.

> and where should it be
> placed? (anywhere fine?) (just for sanities sake.)

We're not prescriptive on that but /usr/local/sbin is where we put it.