[ixpmanager] IXP manager development

Haider Ali haiderrana45 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 11:43:14 IST 2019

Dear Sir,
              Our ultimate goal was not only to deploy IXP manager at
Islamabad Internet exchange point but also convert this IXP manager into
SDN based IXP manager.

Our next goal in order to achieve above mentioned big goal is to start
communication between ryu controller and IXP manager. For that purpose, we
need to add a tab of ryu to customers and admin portals so that customers
can give their requirements to controller (for example if they want to give
all their traffic to port 6 and port 7).

If you have any experience regarding the API for translation of
rules/communication between IXP manager and ryu controller then guide me on
that.

But this email is intended to ask one particular query about development
that how much is it difficult or time consuming to add new tables to
database and add new tab for ryu controller in customer/admin portal of IXP
manager etc. I know that I should know Laravel and PHP and then change
files in that. But is there any documentation that how to edit/add new
files and then deploy those edited files again on server?

In short, how much is it difficult and is there any documentation?

Thanks for always helping.

Sincerely,
Haider Ali