[ixpmanager] [RELEASE] V5.2.0 - PeeringDB OAuth, rfc1997 pass-through, framework upgrade

Rasmus Åberg rasmus at sthix.net
Wed Oct 2 16:28:31 IST 2019

Thanks for the feedback. Ended up going with enabled by default.

So, we're using v5.2.0 now. The only issue during the upgrade was related to missing out on the following commit: https://github.com/inex/IXP-Manager/commit/0eaffc5f38dfe87d5008eef49ede4d85ba71d7b6

Other than that, everything seems to be working fine.

//Rasmus

On 2019-10-01, 10:55, "Barry O'Donovan" <barry.odonovan at inex.ie> wrote:

    Rasmus Åberg wrote on 01/10/2019 09:45:
    > Is it possible for customers, by themselves, to choose if they want
    > to enable/disable PDB login? As I understood the docs, only
    > superadmins can change it right now, or?

    Right now, only superadmins.

    We put quite a bit of thought into this and some of the reasoning includes:

    * access is as custuser by default (read only).
    * PeeringDB do a pretty good check when creating and assigning a user to
    an org.
    * the exposure is pretty minimal really (traffic graphs at an IX).
    * we discussed it with a lot of members (INEX members and other IX
    members) and got zero objections. In fact the response was
    over-overwhelmingly in favour of this.
    * 'off by default' at one IX will cause confusion and head-scratching
    and creates a barrier to access that I think - based on current
    discussions - in >99% of cases is not necessary.

    Provision for the majority and if any one objects, opt them out is my
    advice.

    If we start getting feedback in the other direction we'll certainly look
    at reviewing this. And we may also add the option to disable for the
    member in the next pass at the member area.

    Hope that helps explain where we came from on this,

     - Barry