[ixpmanager] some questions re: IXP 5

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Tue Nov 5 09:35:58 GMT 2019

Athanasios Douitsis wrote on 05/11/2019 00:41:
> Yes, that's my problem. Visiting the URL you indicate or using artisan
> router:filtered-prefixes $customer_id does not work. I monitor the log
> in one of our route servers and I don't see any hits coming from IXP5.

Okay, I have added more detail to the documentation here:

https://docs.ixpmanager.org/features/route-servers/#displaying-filtered-prefixes

Can you see if all the conditions are met? Also, when you say you can
see these "filtered prefixes from my looking glass", I trust you mean
the built in looking glass within IXP Manager?

> About the cache, using CACHE_DRIVER=array makes the artisan command to
> throw an error saying that I need a persistent cache. Using "file" seems
> to make that error go away. Using "database" (keeping in mind what you
> said) also makes it go away.

Yes, this is the only area of IXP Manager that requires a persistent
cache currently. This is to facilitate job dispatching in the future as
IXP Manager implements more provisioning functionality.

Added a note about this to the docs referenced above also.