[ixpmanager] Design of IXP

Shahab Vahabzadeh me at shahabv.com
Tue May 28 13:40:39 IST 2019

Dear Friends,
This is Shahab from Tehran IX, We are redesigning our IXP like this:

Tehran IX will be in two pop:

   1. POP A: Two Leaves and One Spine (all routers are Nexus 9508)
   2. POP B: Two Leaves and One Spine (all routers are Nexus 9508)

What we have designed is that We want to put leaf switches into VPC and run
VXLAN between them and spine switch, We want to put all members in one VLAN
belongs to route server and assign VLAN per peer for them too not per
customer (customer port will be trunk). We are doing this because for our
customer's graph of each peer is important and as we are not sure that how
much Nexus 9K is good inflow export we are not going through looking to
running flow accounting and etc.

1st of all I want to know what is you guys ideas about our design and If
you have any comment in this phase help me. 2nd I want to change our
software platform to IXP Manager too, I want to does it support providing
too much VLAN per customer or not? (one route server, too many per peer).

Thanks

--

Cheers, Shahab