[ixpmanager] Peering in IXP manager and at switch level.

Haider Ali haiderrana45 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 09:31:02 IST 2019

I have successfully installed the IXP manager.
Kindly help me with the basic question that how the clients (i.e. ISPs)
peer in IXP manager? Through documentation, I came to know that they
request through email, etc in the peering manager portal.
But the following question would be that how is switch configured for that
peering? For example, Amazon wants to peer with Google and they agreed on
the portal. What will be the procedure on the switch? Like will the
operator specify in the switch that the data coming from the port of Amazon
can be sent to Google? So, the question is how are the ISPs identified on
switch level and how forwarding based on peering happens on switch level?