[ixpmanager] Is there template for route server & route collector configuration template for Quagga

Nick Hilliard (INEX) nick at inex.ie
Fri Jan 25 15:29:25 GMT 2019

FRR was forked from Quagga in around Oct 2016.  The Quagga project still
exists, although there's not been much development since the fork happened.

 From what I can see of the git logs, the FRR project hasn't done too
much with the route server code, so it's not clear that the underlying
structural problems that caused issues with large RS configs have been
addressed.

There's been no movement on implementing an atomic config change
mechanism in FRR.  There's a tool in the FRR tree called frr-reload.py
which kinda hacks around this, but it's a hack and it's trivially easy
to break it.  In practice we found that we ended up having to write
significantly more complex configuration templates in order to work
within the limitations of frr-reload.py.  An atomic reload mechanism
would be much more convenient from the point of view of operational
management.

Nick