[ixpmanager] Smokeping Integration

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Mon Jan 21 06:41:28 GMT 2019

Mike,

Mike Hammett wrote on 20/01/2019 18:17:
> I was running update-smokeping.sh and was getting EOF errors.
>
> I noticed two double quotes in line 58, so I removed one of them. I no
> longer get EOF errors

opps, thanks, fix committed for that.

> but I'm not getting significantly further.
>
> root at ixpm:/srv/ixpmanager# ./update-smokeping.sh -d
> Processing 1 - ipv4.... FAILED targets-vlan1-ipv4.cfg
> Processing 1 - ipv6.... FAILED targets-vlan1-ipv6.cfg
> Smokeping not reloading as no reload scheduled.
>

> I did change the API, URL, smokeping, smokeping reload, and vlans
> variables to suit my configuration. I've pasted them below in case
> anyone more competent than I would notice anything. I will change the
> API key once I figure this out. The URL will actually change before
> going production as well.

If you run this on the command like:

curl -v --data "backend=smokeping&protocol=ipv4&vlanid=1" -X POST -H
'http://199.168.131.10/api/v4/grapher/config?backend=smokeping'

you'll see the response headers have:

< HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

Can you tail storage/logs/laraval.log while running this and see what
the error is?

We have recently updated the webpage for support:

https://www.ixpmanager.org/support

Please see the section 'The Best Way to Ask for Help' - it includes a
link to a useful pastebin for copying and pasting logs.

Cheers,