[ixpmanager] Discovered MAC Addresses Issue

Ahmed Al-Saruri ahmed.alsaruri at x3me.net
Wed Jan 2 09:46:44 GMT 2019

Hello  Nick,

Thank you very much for your support.

I have done some more checks in the debug mode and  I noticed the results
as described below.

Could you please let me know if I am missing something?

Results :

1- When I specify vlan ID so only MAC addresses of that vlan are
discovered, it fails and goes for  BRIDGE-MIB instead:

/usr/local/bin/update-l2database.pl --vlanid 2 --debug

DEBUG: xxx: started query process
DEBUG: xxx: pre-emptively trying Juniper jnxExVlanTag to see if we're on a
J-EX box (.1.3.6.1.4.1.2636.3.40.1.5.1.5.1.5)
DEBUG: xxx: this isn't a Juniper EX
DEBUG: xxx: this isn't a Juniper running an ELS image
DEBUG: xxx: attempting to retrieve dot1qVlanFdbId mapping
(.1.3.6.1.2.1.17.7.1.4.2.1.3)
DEBUG: xxx: got mapping index: 3610 maps to 3610
DEBUG: xxx: attempting Q-BRIDGE-MIB (.1.3.6.1.2.1.17.7.1.2.2.1.2.3610)
DEBUG: xxx: failed to retrieve Q-BRIDGE-MIB. falling back to BRIDGE-MIB
DEBUG: xxx: attempting BRIDGE-MIB (.1.3.6.1.2.1.17.4.3.1.2)
DEBUG: xxx: BRIDGE-MIB query successful

2- When I run the script with no vlan id specified it detects around 270
MAC addresses only while the switch has around 2000 MAC:

 $l2mapping = {
 'xxxS6720' => {
                                       'XGigabitEthernet0/0/18' => [
                                                                     'xx'