[ixpmanager] IXP Manager v5 and BIRD2 configuration questions

Enes Halilović enes.halilovic at utic.unsa.ba
Thu Aug 29 07:35:06 IST 2019

Hello,

I have some questions about IXP Manager v5 and BIRD2 route server configuration. For example, in IXP Manager we can add 2 separate route servers and we actually define four “handles” (rs1-lan1-ipv4,rs1-lan1-ipv6, rs2-lan1-ipv4, rs2-lan1-ipv6).As a result, We have 4 route server configuration files. BIRD2 integrates IPv4 and IPv6 into a single daemon and they read single config file.

1. Could you please verify explained setup?
2. Do we need to merge two config files from IXP Manager (for one server) to create one BIRD2 route server config file?
3. Is there anyone who can share bird2 configuration templates?
4. What will be your suggestions for automating configurations/reconfigurations of route servers?

Kind regards,

Enes Halilovic
University of Sarajevo