[ixpmanager] Peering through customer portal possible?

Haider Ali haiderrana45 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 09:29:26 IST 2019

Dear Community,
                         Thanks for always helping. Nick said in last
conversations that ISPs or customers are independent to peer with anyone.
But I have a question. Suppose a case that if ISP A wants to peer with ISP
B, then it will email the ISP B that I want peering (let say bilateral).
Suppose Both are agreed upon peering. Now what steps should both take to
peer?

The vague steps in my mind are probably ISP A will request private VLAN
with the ISP B. So if it is possible to peer solely through IXP manager
customer portal then how to do that?
If it is not possible, then I think steps would be such that both ISPs will
configure their neighbors in bgp configurations.

If the customer/ISP cannot configure BGP configurations or peer solely
through IXP manager then peering in IXP manager is just an information
portal or mailing portal for an ISP to work independently. Correct me
please if I am wrong.

Thanks community.

Sincerely,
Haider Ali