[ixpmanager] How is Peering policy handled in the backend?

Haider Ali haiderrana45 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 12:06:29 IST 2019

Dear Community,
                           How is the peering policy implemented in the IXP
manager at the backend? Is it done by route server? If the route server is
not used then will the selective peering still can occur? If yes then how?

Also, if the route server is handling all the peering policies such as open
or selective then how is it handling?  Explaining the question through an
example. Suppose there are two ISPs: ISP A and ISP B. Can an ISP A provide
the prefixes in selective peering through its customer portal that I want
these prefixes to go to ISP B and vice versa. If yes, then how is this
thing implemented? Is it implemented through route server or what? If it is
implemented through route server then how? Can you share any link for such
configurations?

So, the basic question is:
How is selective peering being handled at the backend?

One more question is that is there any specific application we should use
for route server? I am using quagga for route server.

Thanks for always helping the deployment of IXP manager in Pakistan
Sincerely,
Haider