[ixpmanager] Issue in Discovering MAC addresses with the script

Nick Hilliard (INEX) nick at inex.ie
Fri Aug 2 14:36:51 IST 2019

Hi Ahmed,

That output doesn't look ok.  Can you change your switch configuration
so that the hostname (and name) of the switch no longer have spaces in
them?  At the moment, the hostname is:

  'switchhostname' => ' EdgeCore ',

The second thing is that the switch port name has been set to:

'switchport' => 'OcNOS-1-3-6-248-DC-IPBASE-IP Infusion-Hw Model is
EC_AS5812-54X',

This looks very wrong - it should be a switch port name, e.g. "xe9" or
something.

Can you post the output of snmpwalk for the following OID:

.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.2

Also, can you go into the switch list view, and click on "Live Port
States" under SNMP Actions, and then post a screen shot of what it's
producing? This is to see what IXP Manager is picking up for the SNMP poll.

Nick