[ixpmanager] ixpmanager version 5

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Fri Apr 5 13:20:52 IST 2019

Hi Athanasios,

Athanasios Douitsis wrote on 05/04/2019 12:25:
> Is there any indication as to how far we are from the release of version
> 5?

It's nearly there. Yann is wrapping up a refactoring of user/customer
relationships which is more complex than we originally thought. And I
have a bunch of documentation to write. But otherwise, it's nearly code
complete and is in production at INEX.

> If I clone the master branch to make tests and see the differences,
> would that be a good idea?

Honestly - no. But we appreciate the offer. There's no point trying to
test without documentation and this is why the code isn't publicly
available yet (it's not on inex/IXP-Manager).

We also have LONAP and STHIX in the queue with their offers to help with
testing so I hope to get that done with them soon.

Schedule wise, I'm at GPF next week so might get a chunk of docs written
while traveling but then I have two weeks A/L. Even if I get docs
written next week, I don't think it's wise to release just before I
disappear - let's see. If not next week, then ~4-5 weeks.