[ixpmanager] Migration

Mike Hammett ixp-manager at ics-il.net
Mon Sep 10 02:00:48 IST 2018

Yup. I got interrupted in the process, so I didn't get to report back. I later saw the part to reset the views, so no harm done.

I'm running on 4.8.0 now (well, that IX).

So far I've done:

1. Do a clean install of IXP Manager on the new system, making a note of
the new mysql password for accessing the database.

2. Make a copy of the database on the old system using mysqldump and
restore this to the new system.

3. Copy over .env from the old system, but modify this to use the new
mysql access password.

4. Then run through the upgrade procedure on docs.ixpmanager.org.

I'm about to embark upon:

5. mrtg data files. How you time the migration here may also lead to
gaps in graphs if you cannot model and complete it quickly.

6. if you have been adding customer logos, copy over
$IXPROOT/public/logos to the same place in the new server

7. if you have adding attachments to patch panels, copy over
$IXPROOT/storage/files to the same place in the new server

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions

Midwest Internet Exchange