[ixpmanager] Informational community on route server for physical port location

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Tue Oct 30 20:24:21 GMT 2018

Hi André,

> We are currently considering how to best generate our RSs configuration
> using IXPManager.

There's documentation for this at:

https://docs.ixpmanager.org/features/route-servers/

Plus see the presentation I gave at euro-ix in Galway earlier in the year.

> We would like to add some informational communities
> that indicate the physical location of a port. I.e. we would need the
> switch name the physical port is connected to.

I have to confess, I'm struggling to see the value in this. What are the
use cases that people would use to filter in this information?

If it's just information, this information is available to all members
within IXP Manager and also via the IX-F Export.

> So far I couldn't find a way to access this information in the template
> generation process. Did I miss anything or do I need to file a feature
> request?

Yeah, I don't think that detail is in the detail sent to the template so
it would require a feature request but also a compelling argument to add it.

Happy to discuss in person next week also,

  - Barry