[ixpmanager] Change in bird template

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Wed Oct 24 07:21:54 IST 2018

Vladislav Bidikov wrote on 24/10/2018 00:16:
> Birdwatcher parses the output of birdc and expects (for now) the time
> format to be iso long. You need to configure
>
> timeformat base         iso long;
> timeformat log          iso long;
> timeformat protocol     iso long;
> timeformat route        iso long;
>
> in your /etc/bird[6].conf for birdwatcher to work.

Oh, nice. We should add that to the route server templates by default
since Bird's default is pretty inconsistent:

 > By default, BIRD uses the iso short ms format for route and
 > protocol times, and the iso long ms format for base and log times.

Note that BirdsEye supports Bird's default.

> So this needs to be added to the bird.conf template so auto-generation
> works as expected...
>
> Any programmatic way to achieve this ?

Yeah, skin [1] this file:

https://git.io/v94mn

Note that while using Alice-LG is a fine, it has no direct integration
into IXP Manager. BirdsEye was written explicitly for this purpose and
we have a number of planned features for Q4 2018 / Q1 2019 which will
require BirdsEye (no reason BirdsEye and Alice-LG cannot both be used by
the way).

BirdsEye sits nicely into IXP Manager, e.g.:

https://www.inex.ie/ixp/lg/rc1-lan1-ipv4

  - Barry

[1] https://docs.ixpmanager.org/features/skinning/