[ixpmanager] IXP Manager - Doctrine Configuration Current Status

Abdul Saboor asaboor.msit15seecs at seecs.edu.pk
Fri Oct 5 08:50:10 IST 2018

Dear Yann,

Thanks for the solution. It worked perfectly. I have a couple of more
queries and will really apprciate if you can have a look into this:

*1).* When the command [doctrine:generate:entities] is run in the Terminal,
it produces all Entities in the app folder i.e. *app/Entities* sub folder.
Although, it's path has been set in the *doctrine.php* configuration file
as:

'managers'                  => [
'default' => [
'dev'        => env('APP_DEBUG'),
'meta'       => env('DOCTRINE_METADATA', '*xml*'),
'connection' => env('DB_CONNECTION', 'mysql'),
'namespaces' => [
'IXP',
            ],
*'paths'      => [
                database_path('xml')*
            ],
'repository' => Doctrine\ORM\EntityRepository::class,
'proxies'    => [
'namespace'     => 'Proxies',
'path'          => database_path('Proxies'),
'auto_generate' => env('DOCTRINE_PROXY_AUTOGENERATE', false)
            ],

Its default path is database/Entities as in the current project settings.

*2.)* The second issue is with *getters* and *setters*. The command [
*doctrine:generate:entities*] generate entities at the specific folder (
*app/Entities*) *without default getters and setters*. We need to solve
this issue.

*3.)* The third issue, there is no specific command found for generating
*Repositories* like in symphony doctrine framework. Every time, we create a
new repository, we will hard code it by taking help from other repository
files in the IXP Manager_* /database/Repositories folder.

My point of view is that if the Doctrine ORM framework is properly used, it
will automatically generate all the necessary files by default. Can you
share your point of view on this?

Regards,
Saboor