[ixpmanager] IXP Manager - Doctrine Configuration Current Status

Abdul Saboor asaboor.msit15seecs at seecs.edu.pk
Thu Oct 4 07:31:22 IST 2018

Dear Team IXP Manager,
I am currently working to figure out doctrine ORM configuration in IXP
Manager. The code has been written very deeply, it's very challenging.

Right now, I am facing one challenge to create *Entity*, *Repository*
*classes* in the *IXP Manager Database* main folders. Although, I have read
Doctrine ORM official documentation to grasp the main concepts thoroughly,
and it looks very simple to start, but more care is needed to handle it so
that it can not affect the other modules of the project.

I am going to attach the entity class for the faucet controller whose
metadata has been written in the XML file. The IXP Manager's default
approach is XML, given entities related information in XML format. The
default path for the entities folder as written in *doctrine.php* file is:

'managers'                  => [
        'default' => [
            'dev'        => env('APP_DEBUG'),
            'meta'       => env('DOCTRINE_METADATA', '*xml*'),
            'connection' => env('DB_CONNECTION', 'mysql'),
            'namespaces' => [
                'IXP',
            ],

* 'paths'      => [                database_path('xml')*
            ],
            'repository' => Doctrine\ORM\EntityRepository::class,
            'proxies'    => [
                'namespace'     => 'Proxies',
                'path'          => database_path('Proxies'),
                'auto_generate' => env('DOCTRINE_PROXY_AUTOGENERATE', false)
            ],

The problem is when I run the following command at terminal, it gives me
the error (Please see attachment - Doctrine Entity Error.png).

*php artisan doctrine:schema:validate*

In MappingException.php line 96:

  Class 'Entities\Faucet' does not exist.

What does this means is that it is searching Faucet Entity File in
*app/Entities* folder, which is totally wrong according to its current
configuration as you can see its default route is *database_path('xml')*.

Would you please share this with the concerned developers of IXP Manager,
so that we can move forward for further developments.

Regards,
Saboor