[ixpmanager] Failed when running perl 'compare-route-server-prefix.pl'

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Fri Nov 30 09:12:30 GMT 2018

Hi Mokhamad,

Mokhamad Nizar Z wrote on 30/11/2018 06:40:
> Hello today i'm facing problem again when i run perl script
> 'compare-route-server-prefix.pl
> <http://compare-route-server-prefix.pl>'. I run that script on Server
> Running Bird, so it's separated with Server Running IXP-Manager.

Okay, different server to where MySQL is also then.

> The  error showed this "DBI
> connect('database=ixp;host=localhost;port=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock'','root',...)

> This is my ixpmanager.conf configuration
> "
>
> <sql>
>          dbase_type      = mysql
>          dbase_database  = ixp
>          dbase_username  = root
>          dbase_password  = **188**
>          dbase_hostname  = localhost

So the issue is 'localhost'. You need to:

a) replace this with the IP / hostname of the IXP Manager instance where
I assume MySQL is running

b) ensure MySQL is listening on tcp/3306 and not firewalled / firewalled
so as to allow access from your Bird server

c) that the MySQL user has permissions to access the database from the
Bird server.

[side note: using the 'root' user in MySQL is not advised - you should
create a dedicated user for this]