[ixpmanager] MRTG graphs broken for one customer

Tom Duff tom.duff at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 07:51:22 GMT 2018

I've run into a head-scratcher here and I was wondering if anyone has
had this experience before - Every customer has graphs except for one.
For that one customer, the graphs show up as broken images.  My MRTG
daemon is running and it works fine, but my problem appears to be with
how customer data is generated into the mrtg.cfg file. The missing
customer isn't being included when the config file is generated.

I've checked that the customer's switchport is correct on the switch
page, that the correct physical port is allocated and the virtual
interface is correct. I checked that there was no "Date Left" on the
account record, and everything is set to "Active" or "Connected".
Everything is basically identical to every other customer (switch
config included).

I've also tried deleting the customer's port configurations (phys and
virt) and re-adding them. Still no luck. I've toggled all sorts of
settings back and forth numerous times, but to no avail. I've
allocated them a brand new port that wasn't theirs, and still nothing.
Their customer record just seems to be skipped over when "php artisan
grapher:generate-configuration -B mrtg" is called.

Has anyone seen this before? Any help would be appreciated. I've now
spent several hours trying to figure this out.

--Tom