[ixpmanager] Sflowtool Ipv6 error [PeeringMatrix]

Nick Hilliard nick at inex.ie
Thu May 31 14:35:02 IST 2018

Carlos Saura wrote on 31/05/2018 14:08:
> When I execute the command sflowtool +4 -p 6343 -l for listen in ipv4
> and ipv6 I have this error:
> "v4 bind() failed, port = 6343 : Address already in use" and I can only
> see ipV4 directions.

This means that there is another instance of sflowtool which is running
on that server and which is listening to the *:6343 socket on ipv4.  If
you run "netstat -ant | grep 6343", you should see a socket in LISTEN state.

> And when execute ./sflowtool -6 -p 6343 -l I see only ipv4 directions.
 >
> I want to see a Peering Matrix with ipv4 and ipv6 but with sfloowtol i
> can not sniff Ipv6. Someone have the same problem ???

The "-4" and "-6" command-line arguments to sflowtool only specifies
whether sflowtool receives sflow datagrams on the collector over ipv4 or
ipv6.  It doesn't affect whether the sflow datagrams contain ipv4 or
ipv6 samples.

If you're not seeing ipv6 samples, then it's possible that your switches
aren't exporting ipv6 samples for some reason.  The IXP Manager
sflow-to-rrd script doesn't really care whether samples are ipv4 or
ipv6, and the "-4" / "-6" command-line arguments to sflowtool don't
affect this.