[ixpmanager] Birdseye documentation

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Sat Jan 20 13:42:45 GMT 2018

Kyle Spencer wrote:
> I have now renamed the /srv/birdseye/.env file to
> /srv/birdseye/birdseye-rs1-kla1-ipv4.env as instructed by the docs and
> ensured the following line was set appropriately: BIRDC="/usr/bin/sudo
> /srv/birdseye/bin/birdc -4 -s /var/run/bird/rs1-kla1-ipv4.ctl"

Is IXP Manager generating the route server config file? And if so, have
you set it up in the Routers table with the handle rs1-kla1-ipv4 ?

> I created two CNAME entries in our DNS system as suggested by the
> docs. Both return seemingly correct results on the RS1 box when
> queried with dig:

It's the box running IXP Manager that need to resolve these - do they
work there?

> However, attempts to view the LG from IXP Manager return a "Whoops,
> looks like something went wrong." error with the big red banner on top
> :(

This means the issue is on the IXP Manager server rather than the route
server.

What's in the log file (under storage/logs/...) ?