[ixpmanager] Birdseye documentation

Kyle Spencer kyle at stormzero.com
Sat Jan 20 12:29:26 GMT 2018

Still not having any joy. Attempting to integrate v4 and v6 looking
glass functionality for RS1:

I previously had a single daemon running on the box (v4) so only used
.env and this was working fine.

I have now renamed the /srv/birdseye/.env file to
/srv/birdseye/birdseye-rs1-kla1-ipv4.env as instructed by the docs and
ensured the following line was set appropriately: BIRDC="/usr/bin/sudo
/srv/birdseye/bin/birdc -4 -s /var/run/bird/rs1-kla1-ipv4.ctl"

I created two CNAME entries in our DNS system as suggested by the
docs. Both return seemingly correct results on the RS1 box when
queried with dig:

dig +short CNAME rs1-kla1-ipv4.uixp.co.ug
rs1.uixp.co.ug.
dig +short CNAME rs1-kla1-ipv6.uixp.co.ug
rs1.uixp.co.ug.

However, attempts to view the LG from IXP Manager return a "Whoops,
looks like something went wrong." error with the big red banner on top
:(