[ixpmanager] Trouble adding v6 /64

Kyle Spencer kyle at stormzero.com
Sun Jan 14 17:48:20 GMT 2018

So, I'm trying to add a /64 to my IXP Manager deployment. Having a bit
of trouble understanding what the interface expects.

Say I want to have my v6 assignments mirror my v4 assignments. My v4
assignment is 196.223.25.0/24 so I want the the corresponding v6 to be
2001:43f8:0130::196:223:25/64

In CIDR, a /64 looks like this:

Start of Range:  2001:43f8:130:0:0:0:0:0
End of Range:  2001:43f8:130:0:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff
No. of hosts:  18446744073709551616

However, the interface for adding IP addresses doesn't seem to allow this:

1) The "Start of Address" field seems to allow unlimited input, which
makes sense.

2) The "Last Section of First Address" field seems to allow "ffff" as
the maximum.

3) The "Number of Addresses" field seems to only allow three digits/characters.

What would I enter into these fields to accomplish what I want?

Regards,
Kyle Spencer

--
Cell/WhatsApp/Signal: +256790884905