[ixpmanager] Quick Start of IXP Managar

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Tue Jan 9 11:20:42 GMT 2018

Hi Renan,

Renan Menezes wrote:
> We've a ASN to host some CDNs, so thats our aim to documentation some
> private VLANs and networks, I think is like pro-bono member.
>
> But, by the explained here, I'll need two configurations, One of the IX
> it self and other to the AS with the CDNs (In other system).
>
> Is that correct or there is some way to put all the two on IXP Manager?

I'm not exactly sure what your set-up actually looks like from the above.

If your ASN for the CDNs just aggregates the CDN routes and presents
them to the IX as a single member, then just set it up as a pro-bono
member.

If you're trying to document private VLANs behind that ASN for the CDNs,
this is outside the scope of IXP Manager.

If you're trying to document IP addresses for private VLANs on the IX
that you control, there is nothing stopping you from adding IP addresses
to those (private) VLAN interfaces.