[ixpmanager] Grapher

Diarmuid O Briain diarmuid at obriain.com
Fri Feb 23 14:09:44 GMT 2018

I am going through the Grapher install and I fear it appears to be more
obfuscation.

Questions below are in {{  }} other text is extracted from
http://docs.ixpmanager.org/features/grapher/

(1)
apt-get install libconfig-general-perl libnetaddr-ip-perl mrtg
{{ is rrdtool missing from this line }}

(2)
mkdir -p /srv/mrtg
{{ What is this for ? it is not referenced in the .env examples }}

(3)
In your .env, you need to set the following options:
{{ is this .bashrc, if so why not say it, the install script only works for
Ubuntu }}

(4)
GRAPHER_BACKEND_MRTG_WORKDIR="/tmp"
{{ is /tmp a fair example or should this be in /srv/mrtg }}

(5)
GRAPHER_BACKEND_MRTG_LOGDIR="http://collector.example.com/mrtg"
 {{ Again is this a fair example or should this be in /srv/mrtg }}

regards,

Diarmuid
--

*Irish by birth, located in Uganda but Munster by the grace of God.*