[ixpmanager] IXPM 2 problems

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Mon Feb 12 15:30:34 GMT 2018

Diarmuid,

<aside: it would be easier to have one thread per issue>

Second aside: now that we have a fully working Docker environment with
working IPv4 and IPv6 BGP clients, a route server and looking glass
support, one of the easiest things to do is spin this up and compare
your config to it.

Details at:

https://github.com/inex/ixp-manager-docker

> *1. Looking glass*

See my last reply.

> *2. IPv6 problem*

<big snip, which I did read>

> ubuntu at rs1:~$*sudo birdc6*

<snip>

> bird> *show route*
> bird>
>
> Any ideas ? I am using the networks 2a99:9:9::0/64 on the peering LAN
> and 2a99:1:1::0/64, 2a99:2:2::0/64 and 2a99:3:3::0/64 for the ISP
> internal networks.

On the client Bird daemons, what does 'show route' give? Also, on the
client machines, what does the command 'ip -6 route list' give?

If they both show IPv6 routes that you expect to be advertised, can you
provide a copy of the IXP Manager generated IPv6 route server configuration?

If they do not, you have an IPv6 config issue on your client machine(s).